Further insight and perspectives from Legal, Governance and Manco industry experts.
Glossary of terms
In many industries there are terms and phrases used by people that often appear confusing for those unfamiliar with the industry. Below is a glossary of terms common to private equity and venture capital that we hope visitors will find useful.
Starting & Winding up your fund
Launching a private equity fund will typically involve raising a large amount of capital from individuals and institutions, but there are many steps that need to be taken before it is time to reach out formally to potential investors with your proposition. It’s also prudent to think ahead and be aware of the exit, winding up of your fund from the outset.
- Setting up a new PE or Venture fund – first things first
- Setting up a new PE or Venture fund – creating value
- Setting up a new PE or Venture fund – your fund as a business
- Setting up a new PE or Venture fund – permission & formalities
- Setting up a new PE or Venture fund – Raising Capital
- Setting up and a new PE or Venture fund – Timing the first close
- Winding up a PE or Venture fund
Operating your fund
With your fund live, next we cover some considerations for operating the fund.